Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Saudi Arabian Schools





                     A typical day in Saudi Arabia at school is pretty similar to the US. The subjects we learn consist of math, science, history, and English was just recently introduced. We are also taught Arabic and Islam. The schools are actually pretty nice, a lot nicer than I pictured before I came here to live. A couple of schools only have grades Kindergarten through ninth though which I think is different. The schools are usually open to anyone wanting to get an education.
                     Saudi Arabian schools in Riyadh where I live take a lot of trips. We visit many sights in my city. I think the schools do this because we are closer to many museums and they are very educational and free. Honestly I pictured the schools to be like huts with no walls but they are legit buildings almost nicer than Lone Tree.
                     The periods are set up different than Lone Tree instead of having every class everyday for example kids will have like math, English, and Arabic all day one day and the next science, history, and Islam than alternate daily. I don't really like this because it is a lot of time in one class but I guess we get more accomplished and can do more detailed things without getting interrupted by having to switch classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment